Monday, October 27, 2008

Cloth Diapering-our story


I have tried cloth diapers on 3 of 4 children. My first child I was young and going to school and working full time. My mother did all of my laundry and well I was not going to make more for her. I was just not home to do it and when I was home I wanted to spend time with my baby. Number two cam along 4.5 years later and I was still in school full time I had dropped down to working part time. For him I cloth diapered till he was 18 months and found ourselves moving and not knowing where we were ending up. Number 3 came along two years after number 2 and we had just moved in to a house the month before and it did not have a washer and dryer. I had tried to cloth diaper using the laundromat, but it did not work for us and my husband hated the prefold diapers with covers method. With he I had also tried gdiapers and did not have much luck with them being easier then the prefolds. Then along came number 4 two and a half years after number 3 and I had a great none stressful pregnancy and no moving. I was determined to find something both I and my husband would be happy with. I settled on trying BumGenius and have been using them for two months now, along with one Happy Heiny and some that I made(pictured above). My daughter was just over a week when we switched over to cloth. I love them and so does my husband. I think we may make it all the way to potty training this time. I always laugh that it took me four children to get this whole cloth daiper thing down, but I am glad I did.

There will be more about cloth diapering in the future. I thought the place to start was my story of cloth diapering.

No comments: