Friday, January 30, 2009

What is Chislic?

I am from MN and lived there up until 3.5 yrs ago. We now live in SD, don't ask me why, I really do not remember how we ended up here. Any ways, the first time my husband ordered Chislic, I was so confused... it did not sound like something goo to eat. After he just about every last one, he talked me in to trying one. WOW, they were good. In the last couple days I had been looking up how it was made and what it was made from. I found there is no real direct answer for that. What is it: meat on a stick, any meat... really any meat. How is it made: Well either fried or grilled. Here is how we made them and what we might do differently next time. We used sirloin steak (next time: venison or goose). We did not marinate our because it was a last minute dish for us (next time: we will either use buttermilk, Italian dressing or a mixture of both) We heated a frying pan with a good layer of olive oil on med. heat. Once heated the cubed meat was add to the pan and cooked on all sides, during this we also had a pan heating in the oven at about 425. Once cooked on all side we popped it in the oven for about 5 mins. Then placed on to a towel to get the excess oil off and sprinkled with Lowery's season salt. They turned out great and I would have taken a picture, but they were gone before I thought of it. It is too clod out here to grill, so this was a great way to have steak.

No comments: