Sunday, July 5, 2009

After 6 Years of Marriage

I have been married to my husband for 6 years today. We have known each other for 13 years and started dating about 11.5 years ago. We met at church camp when we were 14 and 15. We were from different states and only talked for 4 days before going back to our young lives in the states we had come from. We kept in contact for a few months and even thought of ourselves as dating, then the calls and letters got fewer and fewer. Then about a year and a half after we had first met I wrote him a letter. Things were happening and well I have no idea what brought me to writing that letter, but I did and 4 days after writing it I got a phone call. We talked a lot on the phone and 6 months later he came to MN to spend the weekend with us. My parents were adding on to our house and he got put to work right away. 16 months later we had our first child. Todd was a senior in high school and I was a freshmen in college. About three months before our son turned four we married. We were young when our journey started and we waited to get married because we wanted to make sure things were going to have there best chance of working out. Nine months after we married we had our second child and a year after that I graduated from college. Since then we have moved out of MN and to SD. My husband grew up in SD, not the part we live in, but we moved to the middle of where our families are. We have also had two daughters and a lot of adventures. We had different plans in the beginning of all this, but choices and decisions have brought us to where we are today... still happy and still very much in love. Happy Anniversary, Todd. I love you and thank you for putting up with me and my crazy ideas.
I have yet to get my wedding pictures scanned in, so here is the most recent picture of the two of us... I really need to get those pictures scanned in, they are much better then this.

No comments: