Friday, September 18, 2009

Fearless Friday- Cold Press Coffee


I tried Cold Press Coffee at a coffee shop a few months ago. I liked it a lot and thought, hey, I can make this. I hopped on the computer and was suprised by all the results of my search. Here is what I came up with, that worked for me...

Fill a large jar with 3 cups of water and 2/3 cup ground coffee beans.
Then give is a good shake and put it in the fidge over night.
In the morning you will want to run the coffee mixture through a filter/sieve. I just take my coffee maker and run it through there without it on.
note: I did not unplug my coffee maker the first time and it turned on and kind of heated up what I wanted cold. I make sure the coffee maker is unplugged now.
I then rinced out the jar and filled it with the now coffee concentrate.
This will be three cups worth. I take one cup of the coffee to one cup of milk and then add 2-3 tablespoons of a flavored syrup. It is great and it lacks the bitter taste you usually get from hot coffee. I have one glass a day, so it last me three days, well unless I am having one of those days. The third days cup of coffee taste as good as the first, which was something I was a little afraid of.

No comments: